Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thoughts on Revelation 1: Christ in His glory

I'm going to be honest.  I don't understand most of Revelation and I don't try that hard to do so.  I've seen too many false teachers base their theology on a certain interpretation of this book and it becomes the lens through which they look at the rest of the Bible.  If you are looking for an exposition of Revelation, you will need to look elsewhere.

What I will try to provide are some thoughts on overall themes as we read.  Some posts will probably be sparse.  I'll do what I can, but these are just some thoughts.  Now to the first chapter.
____________________________________________________________________
We have in these verses a very unique look at the resurrected Christ in his glory.  It is not a meek picture.  The figure described is powerful.  The figure is in control.  The figure is a ruler.

This is on the Christ on the cross.  It is the Christ in his natural state.  It is a Christ who Roman and Jewish authorities would not mess with.  It is a Christ who Judas wouldn't even consider betraying.  It is a Christ who people couldn't help but bow down to worship.

Perhaps we need to take a second look at this Christ, since this Christ is the one who intercedes on our behalf with the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment